With Digital Ocean (DO) lowering their prices to match Linode’s, I thought it would help the community if I created a similar set of instructions to deploy OXAR on DO. I took this a step further and have provided a branch on the Github repository with a modified Vagrantfile.
Clone the branch:1$ git clone -b vagrant/digitalocean https://github.com/OraOpenSource/OXAR.git
Install the DigitalOcean Vagrant Provider plugin:1$ vagrant plugin install vagrant-digitalocean
Make the installation files available over the web. For example, upload the files to Dropbox and create a shareable link.
- Update the config.properties with the shareable link and any other customizations.
- Generate a personal access token using the instructions available here.
- Update the Vagrantfile with your token and any Droplet customizations.
- Make sure that you have your SSH keys generated, if not, follow the instructions here.
- Run Vagrant:1$ vagrant up
It takes about thirty minutes to provision the VM. Enjoy!